Our volunteers vary in age and life experience, but one thing they all possess is a desire to serve others.
There are many ways to volunteer at CODA:
- shopping for our emergency shelter
- transporting residents to appointments, court, etc.
- answering crisis calls
- performing general office duties
- helping write protective orders
- working with the children
- run errands, deliver posters, special projects demanding computer skills, etc.
- help with fundraising efforts
We also need groups of volunteers at times to do yard work, move furniture, paint, and host resident get-togethers.
Volunteers are used in all three of our locations: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing Facility, and Vigo County Courthouse Office.
We don’t pull any punches: sometimes our work can be very stressful, but it can also be very rewarding. Staff and volunteers work closely together, so we all experience the same stress at times; however, volunteers always have a staff person close by (unless you’ve been with us for years, as one of our volunteers has).
To talk with us more about volunteer opportunities, please Contact Us
To download a Volunteer Application, Click Here